Whether you're an active parent, a working professional, or a weekend warrior/athlete, you've probably one of the majority of people who have experienced back pain - either once in a while or more than you would like. If back pain disrupts your daily routine and you live in or around beautiful Malibu, CA, the team of professionals at Malibu Chiropractic and Wellness can help determine/manage conditions causing discomfort and pain.
Treatable Spinal Issues That Cause Back Pain
The NIH notes that approximately eight out of ten people will experience some form of lower back pain.
Most people experience back pain – characterized by shooting pain, dull aches, burning sensation, etc., as a result of age-related wear and tear, although it is not uncommon for back pain to be caused by an injury or traumatic incident.
Examples of the other conditions that can cause back pain that can be effectively treated by a chiropractor include –
- Herniated, Bulging, or Slipped Discs
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal/Foraminal Stenosis
- Muscle Trauma
- Spinal Fractures
- Pinched Nerves
- Facet Joint Syndrome, among others
Top Back Pain Chiropractic Treatments
In addition to traditional and effective spinal manipulations/adjustments, the professionals at Malibu Chiropractic and Wellness offer these complementary and alternative therapeutic interventions to help manage back pain and related symptoms –
- Massage Therapy
- PEMF (Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field) Therapy
Suggested Lifestyle Modifications to Relieve Back Pain or Discomfort
As previously noted, the natural aging process often contributes to the degeneration (or natural wear-and-tear) of the spine's components. However, there are ways to proactively help reduce chronic back pain or stiffness. These include -
- Food is medicine.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Provide the rest and sleep your body requires.
- Maintain a good posture.
- Quit smoking.
- Do what you can to reduce stress. While stress hormones are vital for survival, ongoing stress hormones (cortisol, norepinephrine, epinephrine) can potentially have a negative impact on one's overall health, with the potential to cause –
- Muscle tightening.
- High blood pressure
- Sleep distress/disturbance.
- Stay active. Exercise (which includes stretching) can be simple and does not have to be strenuous to provide benefits – including the capacity to overcome depression.
- Wear proper footwear/avoid ill-fitting shoes.
Contact the Malibu, CA-based, Official USA Surf Team Chiropractor
Contact Malibu Chiropractic and Wellness for a consultation or appointment at 310-469-5949 or online. We look forward to creating a tailored treatment plan to help reduce or eliminate your back pain and get you moving pain free.