Is neck pain impacting your work, health, and daily life? Our team at Malibu Chiropractic and Wellness in Malibu, CA, offers natural and comprehensive care to help you achieve relief.
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain Relief
Neck pain can affect concentration, your mood, and your energy, as well as cause headaches and more. In this guide, our team at Malibu Chiropractic and Wellness in Malibu, CA, shares how chiropractic care can help you find the relief you seek from neck pain with natural healing techniques.
The Low Down on Neck Pain
Neck pain often seems to come out of nowhere, but it is typically caused by an injury or unhealthy spinal habits. For example, holding your head forward and down while looking at a device or reading means putting excess pressure on the neck. Sleeping without proper neck support or on your front can cause issues, too. And of course, car accidents, sports injuries, and work accidents can all play a role.
Such events lead to a myriad of issues in the neck, which include but are not limited to:
- Pinched nerves
- Herniated discs
- Muscle tension
- Ligament strains and more
In order to experience true relief from neck pain, it’s critical to address these issues.
How Chiropractic Care Helps
Chiropractors focus on locating and addressing the root of the pain. This includes the issues listed above as well as the injuries or habits that led to those issues.
With an understanding of your condition and symptoms, chiropractors can then develop a plan for comprehensive care, which can include the following methods.
- Adjustments: Adjustments restore proper alignment in the neck and back to remove the source of pain. Adjustments can be performed hands-on or with instruments that provide precise treatment.
- Massage therapy: Therapeutic massage helps relieve tension, restore range of motion, stimulate tissue healing, and improve the flow of blood to the neck.
- PEMF therapy: PEMF therapy directs waves of energy to deep tissues that are injured or damaged. This stimulates the natural healing process, relieves tension and painful knots, and reduces inflammation.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a centuries-old technique that utilizes tiny needles to stimulate nerve endings. This pulls blood and healing nutrients to the damaged area, releases constrictions, reduces pain and tension, and much more.
- Physical therapy: Stretching and strengthening damaged areas is critical to healing. Not only does it relieve tension, restore range of motion, and improve blood flow, but it also helps prevent the injury from reoccurring.
Call (310) 579-5949 to schedule an appointment for neck pain relief with our team at Malibu Chiropractic and Wellness in Malibu, CA.