If you struggle with muscle pain or have issues with mobility, Dr. Ron Maugeri, your physio therapist at Malibu Wellness, can help assess and diagnose treatment. The physio therapy team at Malibu, CA provides excellent care for joint mobilization, stretching, and tissue release needs.
What Does Physio Therapy Entail?
Physio therapy is a treatment method designed to restore movement and function in joints, nerves, and muscles affected by injury or disability. Before getting your first physio therapy session in Malibu, CA your therapist will first need to assess your range of joint movement while also assessing muscle strength in the affected areas. The results will be crucial in identifying the type of therapies best suited for your care, helping you get the most out of every session.
Physio therapy programs will often include:
- Identifying the optimal balance between rest and activity. Inactivity weakens muscles, limiting the range of movement in your joints. With this in mind, a physio therapist will be essential in determining the right program for increasing your activity levels.
- Offering advice on treatments to manage pain. These could be heat and massage therapies along with additional acupuncture-based programs.
- Providing splints and walking aids to help maintain mobility
Physiotherapy Pain Relief Techniques
Standard pain relief techniques that you can expect from your physio therapist include:
Massage will be ideal in helping you reduce pain and stiffness in your joints. It will also act as a muscle relaxant, allowing you to increase your range of joint movement.
Electrotherapy is a treatment method that utilizes low-level laser therapy and ultrasound to block pain signals to the brain. An electrical device sends electrical impulses across the skin and promotes the release of endorphins, momentarily distracting and slowing down pain signals. This helps improve circulation and the repair of tissues for overall muscle strength.
Acupuncture stimulates the immune system to release endorphins known to produce pain-killing chemicals. This helps interfere with pain signals, easing chronic pain.
Chiropractic care will assist with aligning the spine and improving posture.
What Problems Can Your Physio Therapist Treat?
Your physio therapist can help you treat and prevent various issues, with examples being:
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Problems with mobility due to trauma impacting the spine and brain or due to conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease
- Problems in the muscles, bones, ligaments, and joints caused by arthritis and the after-effects of amputation
- Stiffness, pain, swelling, and loss of muscle strength due to factors such as cancer treatment and palliative care
- Pelvic issues related to childbirth, bladder and bowel problems
If you experience issues with mobility or have trouble with joint and muscle pain, make it a point to call (310) 579-5949 today for a physio therapy consultation at Malibu Wellness. Dr. Maugeri can help assess your condition and provide the proper treatment.